Dance Instructor Openings
Schauer Arts Center
Hours/Wk (min): 0
Expires: Open Ended
Ballroom: American Rhythm, American Smooth, International Latin, International Standard, Social Ballroom, Theatre Arts, Vintage
Concert: Ballet, Bollywood, Broadway, Contemporary, Jazz, Lyrical, Modern, Tap
Hip-Hop: Breaking, Jerkin, Krumping, Locking, Popping, Turfing
Ballet Dance Instructor
Ideal candidate must be responsible, have experience with children, and be able to work independently. Will serve as primary instructor of pre-ballet program for 3-6 year olds who are studying Creative Movement, Pre-Ballet, and Ballet/Tap Combo. Program follows a syllabus designed by the entire dance faculty. Experience in multiple dance styles is considered a plus.
Irish Dance Instructor
Applicants should be competing at the Preliminary Championship level or higher and have at least two years experience teaching other students. Ideal candidate will be someone who wants to use their skills and passion for Irish dance to educate the next generation about Irish culture as part of a non-competitive (recreational) Irish dance program. Position will instruct ages 5-18 in the fundamentals of Irish dance, including: basics (line, turn-out, timing, posture), ceili forms, showmanship, and honor for peers/ instructors.
Ballroom Dance Instructor
Candidate should have experience teaching beginning and intermediate ballroom of various styles (Swing, Waltz, Fox Trot, Rumba, Salsa, etc.) in a group environment. Must have the ability to relate well with people of all ages and to focus on making sure students not only learn, but have fun in class. Classes run year-round varying from 4-6 week sessions, private lessons, and one day workshops; scheduling is flexible.
Essential Job Functions
● Ability to implement Dance curriculum which supports the Schauer School of the Arts mission.
● Instruct children/young adults on dance technique, history, and terminology.
● Conduct end-of-the-semester evaluations, and provide feedback to parents/guardians, students, and administration.
● Prepare students for annual dance recital/showcase in May.
● Ensure a positive and safe experience for children and parents/guardians alike.
● This position requires the ability to work with parents/guardians, students of all ages, and Schauer Center administration.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
● Education: High School Diploma/GED or Equivalent
● CPR and First Aid Certified (or be willing to be certified)
● Must have knowledge in dance pedagogy, terminology, and history
● Must be able to provide reports and feedback on classes/students to Schauer Center administration
● Prior customer service experience is a plus but not required
● It is preferred that candidates have experience teaching youth and adults with academic and/or professional expertise in their discipline
Last Active: 2015-05-04